Call on the public to lend a hand to “Penang Cares” Community Volunteer Program
Despite being battered by the fiercest storm in recent memory, Penangites have shown their resilience, resourcefulness and humanity that transcends race, religion and politics.
As the flood waters subside, our priority is to resettle the people back to their homes and to help them resume normal life.
We need volunteers to help clean up homes of flood-affected families and institutions such as old folk’s homes.
Our DAP members have been working very hard on the ground and now we need more volunteers from the public to help, starting from 7th November to 15th November 2017.
DAP Penang Headquarters will be coordinating and deploying volunteers to places in need of help. We need manpower in areas which were hard hit, especially in Seberang Perai.
We are setting up teams of volunteers to handle the following tasks:
1. Operations Team: Cleaning affected houses, buildings, and moving items.
2. Food Team: Cooking, serving food and cleaning up after meals.
3. Emergency Team: Providing emergency relief services.
4. Transport Team: Volunteer drivers who are willing to use their vehicles (cars, lorries, trucks) to help with moving items and fetching people.
If you can lend a hand, send a WhatsApp message to DAP Penang HQ (+6012-524 5060) or call 04-2288 482 to register and provide your following details:
3) Available Dates:
4) Available Times:
6) Assistance you would like to offer:
7) Preferred team:
Together, we will rebuild, restore and rise again. We can bounce-back, Penang!
Zairil Khir Johari