BATU FERRINGGI MURAL DESIGN COMPETITION
5 NOVEMBER 2020, GEORGE TOWN
- Batu Ferringgi, the famous resort town known for its long stretch of sandy beach, wide range of water sports activities, popular accommodations, eateries as well as its legendary night market has always been one of the top tourist destinations in Penang.
- As part of my office’s initiative to improve the aesthetic value of Batu Ferringgi and re-propel it as a primary tourist destination in Penang, I am proud to announce the Batu Ferringgi Mural Design Competition which just kicked off on 1November 2020.
- With ‘Batu Ferringgi History’ and ‘Batu Ferringgi Coastal Lifestyle’ serving as two (2) integral themes for this competition, we cordially invite aspiring and interested participants to join this competition. The mural art designs must strictly showcase elements of Batu Ferringgi.
- Participants will have until 30 November 2020 to submit their artwork based on the two (2) themes highlighted above, attached with their rationale in not more than 100 words. In view of the current Covid-19 situation, registration of participants and submission of artwork will be done digitally at the link: http://bit.ly/muraldesign2020
- However, participants who wish to submit their artwork by hand may do so at:
Pusat Khidmat KADUN Tanjong Bunga
Jalan Desiran Tanjong,
Hotline : 04 8903866
- Shortlisted artwork will be showcased on Facebook where 50% of the judgment decision will be made by Penang State representatives while the other 50% will be made via Facebook public voting.
- Two (2) winners for each respective theme will have their artwork painted on designated hoarding locations in Batu Ferringgi by professional artists and painters.
- In total, there will be four (4) winners who will be entitled to RM1,000.00 each in addition to certification and accreditation.
ZAIRIL KHIR JOHARI
PENANG STATE EXCO FOR INFRASTRUCTURE & TRANSPORT
STATE ASSEMBLYMAN FOR TANJONG BUNGA